“Praise to the Man”: Latter-day Prophets Bear Witness of the Prophet Joseph Smith
“The Prophet Joseph Smith … was called of God, by the voice of God Himself, to open up the dispensation of the Gospel to the world for the last time.” (Joseph F. Smith)The Prophet Joseph Smith was taught by God and angels.
You can prepare for this lesson by reading Lesson #47 in our manual or on the web athttp://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=7129b00367c45110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=198bf4b13819d110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD or listen at
http://broadcast.lds.org/Handheld/Curriculum/joseph_smith/TPTC_2008_JosephSmith_50_47_PraiseToTheMan_36481_eng_051.mp3
The Lesson for December 27th will be:
What Have I Done for Someone Today?
"The needs of others are ever present, and each of us can do something to help someone."The Apostle Paul admonished, “By love serve one another.” Recall with me the familiar words of King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon: “When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”
The Savior taught His disciples, “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.”
Many years ago I heard a poem which has stayed with me, by which I have tried to guide my life. It’s one of my favorites:
I have wept in the nightFor the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.
You can read the entire talk at
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=f6ce56627ab94210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
You can listen (While doing dishes) at
http://broadcast.lds.org/genconf/2009/10/40/GC_2009_10_411_MonsonTS___eng_.mp3
I look forward to these lessons and your comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment