Yummy recipies from Our Wok n Talk Birthday Party
Egg Drop Soup II
(I got from allrecipes.com)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 egg, slightly beaten
frozen mixed veggies
2 TBSP chopped green onion
In a medium stockpot, mix cold chicken broth with cornstarch. Slowly heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add frozen mixed veggies (as much as you like) and heat. Once soup is almost to boiling point, stir soup once very gently to get the broth going in a circle. As the soup is moving in a circle, slowly pour egg into soup. DO NOT STIR for a minute until the egg has cooked. Remove soup from the heat, divide into four portions and garnish with green onion.
**I didn't use chicken stock, I used boullion and mixed enough to equal that much broth. Also, I didn't add the green onion.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
(I found it in a taste of home magazine years ago)
1 cup sugar
2 TBSP cornstarch
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 TBSP maraschino cherry juice
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and seasoned salt in a saucepan; gradually add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yummy!
Lemon Sauce
(Dotte Duncan Brockbank and Sally Thurman Ware)
1 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter (I use less)
3 TBSP cornstarch 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 cups water 1 tsp salt
Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Mix in water, butter, lemon juice and salt. Stir and bring to a boil for 1 minutes. Serve over stir-fry and rice.
Thanks so Much Kathryn!!! What a fun Party!
Thanks so Much Kathryn!!! What a fun Party!
No comments:
Post a Comment