And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
So this week I have been asking myself, what happens when your faith does not produce the results you want?
Council for this thought comes from Elder Scott--
You will gather the fruits of faith as you follow the principles God has established for its use.
Some of those principles are:
• Trust in God and in His willingness to provide help when needed, no matter how challenging the circumstance.
• Obey His commandments and live to demonstrate that He can trust you.
• Be sensitive to the quiet prompting of the Spirit.
• Act courageously on that prompting.
• Be patient and understanding when God lets you struggle to grow and answers come a piece at a time over an extended period.
I also turned to Elder Bednar...I love to listen to him speak..
I think he is talking right to me..
His council on the tender mercies of God. His Talk
I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often, the Lord’s timing of His tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them.
I repeat again, the Lord’s tender mercies do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Faithfulness and obedience enable us to receive these important gifts and, frequently, the Lord’s timing helps us to recognize them.
Faith the First Principle of the Church.
We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes?
The Christlike Attribute for this week is Hope.
Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement.Scripture Study
What is hope and what do we hope for?
2 Nephi 31:20 Moroni 7:40–48 Romans 8:24–25
Alma 58:10–11 D&C 59:23 Hebrews 6:10–20
Ether 12:4, 32 D&C 138:14 Topical Guide, “Hope”

No comments:
Post a Comment