Monday, July 26, 2010

Preach My Gospel Chapter 6

How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes?
Hope
Thinking about Hope this week---I really think HOPE and FAITH go hand in hand. Together like bread and butter!! I was also doing a lot of thinking about people in my life who have been great examples of these two Christlike Attributes.

I had the great opportunity of working in the Stake Primary for many years with Sister Darlene!! What a great example of so many things she was to me!!! When we had a problem or were concerned about something she would simply say with all the Faith and Hope, "Heavenly Father will help us!" And I knew He would, because she knew He would!

Also my Pioneer Ancestors came to mind---They put Hope into ACTION--and I am the beneficiary of that ACTION!
I thank them for their Hope of a better way, a better life, a better church.


This Week think about
Charity and Love
A man once asked Jesus, “Which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus replied: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matthew 22:36–39). Charity is “the pure love of Christ” (Moroni 7:47). It includes God’s eternal love for all His children. We are to seek to develop that kind of love.

Scripture Study
What is charity?
Moroni 7:45–48 1 Corinthians 13 Bible Dictionary, “Charity”
How did Jesus Christ demonstrate charity?
1 Nephi 19:9 Ether 12:33–34 Luke 7:12–15
Alma 7:11–13
What do these verses teach you about charity?
2 Nephi 26:30 Alma 7:24 1 Timothy 4:12
Mosiah 2:17 Ether 12:28 1 Peter 4:8;
see footnote a
Mosiah 28:3 D&C 88:125

No comments: