How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes?
Charity and Love
Thinking about Charity and Love this week---I think about our Ward. There are so many great examples in this ward. I think we do a good job of trying to take care of each other. Julie our Relief Society President is truly concerned about each member of this ward. She wants what is best for each one of us.
I have to admit that this calling in the Relief Society has put me in my UNCOMFORTABLE zone, but I am learning about charity, compassion and love from some great examples--The women I work with--The sisters of the ward--The leaders around me. Charity--A good Christlike Attribute to work on!
Moroni 7:46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. This sentence--If ye have not charity, ye are nothing. Nothing--that really hits home!
This week
Virtue
Wisdom is knowing what to do.
Virtue is doing it!
Since the Holy Ghost does not dwell in unclean tabernacles, virtue is prerequisite to receiving the Spirit’s guidance. What you choose to think and do when you are alone and you believe no one is watching is a strong measure of your virtue.
Scripture Study
What does it mean to be virtuous?
D&C 4:6 D&C 46:33 2 Peter 1:3–8
D&C 25:2 D&C 121:45–46 Topical Guide, “Virtue”
D&C 38:24 Articles of Faith 1:13
D&C 4:6 D&C 46:33 2 Peter 1:3–8
D&C 25:2 D&C 121:45–46 Topical Guide, “Virtue”
D&C 38:24 Articles of Faith 1:13
No comments:
Post a Comment